Why You Should Use Video to Promote your Books & Audiobooks

Why You Should Use Video to Promote your Books & Audiobooks


When I find a problem, I like to research it. Read about it, watch videos about it and then.....I want to use all that knowledge and fix it myself.


So what's the problem you ask? 


Well, its promoting my Audiobooks. Not one to let a problem stop me from moving forward, off to the web I went! A very long time later after reading lots of articles, blogs and falling down many a sales funnel and exhausted from watching tens of webinars. I found that the ultimate thing I can do is to make my social media posts stand out and grab as much attention as possible. There are soooooo many things you can do to get posts seen but ultimately I ended up scrutinising examples of Book Trailers, because of course I saw them & was hooked. I mean the good ones are brilliant, a proper cinematic experience in a minute or so that really sets the scene, but they were out of my price range and probably many an indie author too. Then the more affordable ones were just....ok....and I couldn't justify spending money on them if they were just templates. I knew I could create my own, only better.


So with the skills I already have in software graphics/design/art/voiceover, and the knowledge I already banked in my brain, I purchasd the rights to a huge media library including music, images & video so I could create my very own trailers. And guess what?… I really love it! The first thing I did was create some for Audiobooks I narrated & shared them with the Authors (hoping they would give me the thumbs up) and wow the feedback was excellent! Not only from the Authors but from Social Media. The engagement stats were incredible and were much higher than images and text alone. (on platforms who fiddle way too much with algorithms for social engagement)


So what I learned was that the stats quoted by Hubspot are real. Video is a better way to get people to stop a while, absorb your content and hopefully want a piece of what you're offering. To really put a cherry on top, you can work on SEO, #hashtags, #adverts, #blogs, #networking etc. It all helps to get your post seen. 


"93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media. (Animoto, 2019) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)"


We can't ignore it, video is definitely a great way to promote your product. in our case, an Audiobook, Book or E-Book.


So with some proven Trailers under my belt, it was time to let everyone know that I can do the same for them, by creating trailers that really connect.....but at reasonable prices. So that's what I did and am doing. I want to help authors promote their work in a way that really speaks to the audience, that creates the emotion of the story, sets the scene and leaves them wanting to know more...to buy the book and read or listen to it voraciously.


That's right, I am passionate about it and that's what you want when you pay someone to work with your pride and joy. You don't want templates or prices that are unaffordable. So that's where I come in. You'll get totally personalised Trailers, with images/video & text input into a storyboard to work with your narrative. To build tension where needed, and bring out the emotions of your characters. I want you to have this at a price that won't break the marketing budget, at a quality that demands a higher price, and by someone who cares how it turns out.


84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (Wyzowl, 2020) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)


So here's the deal, 3 options to choose from.


Preview Trailer - 35 to 45 seconds long, great for social media

Promotional Trailer - 1-1.5 minutes long, great for social, You Tube, Landing Pages with more content

Deep Dive Trailer - 1.5 to 5 minutes. Does everything! more content, more storytelling, more epic  



I can also provide Voiceover. YES! I have teamed up with Charles Winfield who can provide the male voiceover, whilst I create the female voiceover. VO is great to bring another depth to the video and will also make your trailer accessible to those who are visually impaired. 


So whats the cost? Please take a trip over to my Trailer Page to check out the current prices:

https://www.sallysspeaking.co.uk/trailer-it


If you are looking for a customised, non-templated trailer of a generous length, storyboarded to showcase the narrative & plot twists as well as book cover/reviews/and including voiceover (if added on) at a more than competitive rate I'd love to hear from you.

I am looking forward to receiving your orders & I'll leave you with a Trailer for 'Gabi' written by George Hatcher.



Until next time, 

Sally x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stats are in! Video is the #1 Content Type.